DEARBORN, MI – Ford says its new safety technologies, set to debut next year on the ’13 Explorer SUV, are superior to similar features offered by competitors. The system combines three features – driver-alert system, lane-keeping alert and lane-keeping aid. The driver-alert system uses a front-mounted camera to monitor the vehicle’s movement in relation to lane markings. If erratic driving is detected, a chime sounds and a coffee-cup icon is displayed on the instrument cluster. In the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.