ROMEO, MI – Ford expects to draw two types of car buyers for its ’12 Explorer SUV with the addition of a 2.0L inline 4-cyl. EcoBoost engine, which it says complements the 3.5L V-6 currently offered in the vehicle. The 290-hp V-6 is best-suited for consumers looking for “capability,” while the 237-hp direct-injected turbocharged EcoBoost I-4 holds appeal for “a family, or a commuter” less interested in heavy-duty performance, Eric Peterson, Explorer marketing manager, tells WardsAuto at a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.