Ford Motor Co. achieves profitability in 2003, despite widening fourth-quarter losses of $793 million, or 43 cents a share. The fourth-quarter loss, which exceeds like-2002 losses of $130 million, or 7 cents a share, stems from efforts to turn around its ailing European operations and contributions to a Visteon Corp. restructuring. Automotive business continues to strengthen, posting a pre-tax loss of $4 million in the fourth quarter – a $236 million improvement from year-ago. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.