SAO PAULO – Ford Motor Co. awards iron foundry Tupy Fundicoes SA the production contract for the compacted graphite iron (CGI) cylinder block of its new 2.7L V-6 diesel engine to be produced beginning in 2003. The new engine is to become the range-topping powerplant in the combined Ford-PSA Peugeot Citroen global diesel engine strategy and will be used in PSA, Ford, Jaguar Cars Ltd. and Land Rover vehicles. The sale to Ford-owned Jaguar reportedly involves a $219 million contract spread ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.