Ford Motor Co. sells its 9% stake in Kia Motors Corp. but declines to reveal details of the deal. A Ford spokesman says only that the move was a business opportunity for which the timing was right. The U.S. automaker in October failed to acquire Kia Motors and its affiliate Asia Motors Inc. in an international auction. Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. has since acquired Kia and Asia Motors. ING Baring Securities says in published reports that it handled the Ford sale of 6.84 million Kia shares to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.