Ford Motor Co. says it has settled a lawsuit brought against its Ford Credit financing unit by two consumers who say they were overcharged on late fees for their leased Mazdas. The suit, filed in Maryland in August 1996, has been settled for about $87 million, Ford reveals in a quarterly filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Ford will pay $80 million to 1.8 million customers who say they were overcharged on late fees. The two Mazda owners say they were paying late fees ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.