DETROIT – The Ford Shelby GR-1 concept supercar has had a complete makeover, to the unabashed approval of product chief Phil Martens. Martens, Ford Motor Co. group vice president-product creation, was not satisfied with the original concept, the Ford Shelby Cobra, that was unveiled a year ago at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Martens advocated putting the Cobra concept into production, but only with a styling change to inject more emotion. (See related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.