DEARBORN – Ford Motor Co. is chasing a second straight record sales year for its Escape cross/utility vehicle, even as a Mercury derivative that comes later this year threatens to eat into the vehicle’s sales totals. Ford delivered 167,678 Escapes last year, a 15.3% bump over 2002 and the best result over the vehicle’s 4-year tenure in the U.S. market. Through February, Escape sales of 25,500 units are up 11.2% over like-2003. ’05 Ford Escape The Escape is one of the vehicles Ford ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.