NEW YORK — Safety is the focus of the newest-generation Ford Motor Co. Taurus that's scheduled to go on sale this fall. The company showed the new Taurus publicly for the first time at the New York auto show early this month. “Smart” air bags and seat belts that take into account where driver and front passenger sit and a new, safety-oriented trunk-release system are standard on the new model. Motorized foot pedals that can be adjusted up or down 3 ins. (7.6 cm) are another innovation for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.