SEOUL — Ford Motor Co. sped past international competitors late last month to be named the sole bidder for the insolvent Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. Sources here say Ford bid US$6.9 billion, besting archrival General Motors Corp.'s initial offer of US$6 billion last May. GM's bid this time is said to have been between US$4.2 billion and US$5 billion. A spokesman for the committee representing Daewoo Motor's creditors said at a news conference that Ford offered better capabilities “to improve the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.