DETROIT – Contrary to widespread reports, the Ford Motor Co. hasn’t pushed back any new-model programs, a high-ranking executive tells Ward’s at the Society of Automotive Engineers Congress and Exposition here. “We haven’t pulled back anything; the other guys (auto makers) have,” Chris Theodore, Ford’s vice president-North American product, says in an interview. “We got honest with ourselves last July and August, set our (product) cycle plan, and we’re sticking with it,” he adds. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.