DEARBORN HEIGHTS, MI – Ford Motor Co. begins production of its commercial E-450 shuttle bus equipped with a hydrogen-fueled internal combustion engine. The first eight hand-built buses will be leased by the state of Florida for use at airports and convention centers. The lease is for two years, with an optional third year, at a cost of $250,000, Ford says. The lease will be extendable to three years at no additional charge “depending upon good results and agreement of both parties,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.