Ford Motor Co. executives remain optimistic about the auto maker’s long-term prospects, despite posting a whopping 2008 fourth-quarter pre-tax loss of $3.7 billion, compared with prior-year’s $620 million deficit. The net loss amounts to $5.9 billion, or $2.46 per share, and compares with like-2007’s loss of $2.8 billion, or $1.33 a share. For entire 2008, Ford lost a record $14.6 billion, or $6.41 per share, compared with prior-year’s loss of $2.7 billion, or $1.38 per share. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.