DEARBORN, MI – Amid the turmoil of leadership change and the Way Forward North American restructuring plan, Ford Motor Co. is staying the course when it comes to product development. The auto maker remains committed to its Global Product Development System (GPDS), which was still in its infancy when the vision was outlined by former product-creation chief Phil Martens in August 2005. Martens left Ford less than two months later, but his legacy, GPDS, lives on under Mark Fields, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.