Ford Motor Co. ZAO is holding its own in a Russian vehicle market particularly hard-hit by the global economic recession, the auto maker’s president says. “Among the volume markets, (Russia) had the most severe decline in all of Europe,” Nigel Brackenbury tells Ward’s in a phone interview. “In the first nine months, the market was down 51% compared with year-ago. It’s been a precipitous decline.” Ford has not been immune to the ongoing crisis, despite enjoying success in Russia over the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.