After years of downsizing and consolidation among auto parts makers, Ford Motor Co.’s purchasing chief insists there still is “far too much capacity in the supply base” and it needs to be rationalized. “Unfortunately, often times when I make that comment, supplier CEOs look to their left, they look to their right and they say, ‘It’s not me. It’s going to be the other guy or girl.’ Guess what? There’s no more looking to your left and to your right,” Tony Brown, group vice president-global ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.