Ford Motor Co. says its Ford Div. once again has beaten General Motors Corp.’s Chevrolet Div. in U.S. sales, marking the 18th straight year it has come out ahead in the rivalry. Ford Div. ended 2004 with a tally of 2,778,678 units, a 4.0% drop from 2003, but enough to best Chevy by some 15,440 vehicles. Helping lead Ford Div. were record F-Series truck sales, which closed out 2004 at 939,511 units, an 11.1% increase from 2003. Ford says Mustang GTs hard to come by. Also, the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.