CHICAGO – Is Ford Motor Co.’s Freestyle FX concept pie-in-the-sky tinkering or does it have a realistic shot at production? The Freestyle FX bowed at the Detroit auto show in January and features a retractable roof that converts the vehicle from a cross/utility vehicle to a CUV/pickup with the push of a button. Freestyle without the fancy roof is a go for production next year at Ford’s assembly plant here. Freestyle FX converts from sedan to pickup crossover. "We're going to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.