WAYNE, MI – Ford Motor Co. reveals its Michigan Assembly plant here will be home to the all-electric Focus C-car, slated for production beginning in 2011. Ford President and CEO Alan Mulally contends the Focus electric-vehicle likely will be the first volume EV to hit the U.S. market. “A lot of companies are working on them, but on a smaller scale and maybe not for the mass market,” he says. “And there are a lot of technology demonstrators out there that people are doing research with. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.