ALLEN PARK, MI – Ford Motor Co. is taking aim at what it considers core truck buyers with its new ’09 F-150, unlike some competitors that continue to go after “image” buyers. “The news for us (with the F-150) is while we participate in all parts of the market, our strength is in the capability oriented part of the market,” says Doug Scott, Ford’s truck marketing manager. “Dodge, Toyota and Nissan (brands) historically have been stronger in the image part of the market, a shrinking part of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.