Ford Motor Co. last week added its name to the list of automakers trimming second-quarter output in North America. DaimlerChrysler Corp., General Motors Corp. and several transplants had trimmed their April-June plans earlier (See Ward's Automotive Reports — April 2, '01, p.1) Ford's revised schedule calls for the assembly of 1,221,100 cars and trucks in the U.S., Canada and Mexico in April-June, down 19,100 units, or 1.4%, from the number planned for the period a month ago and 6.7% less ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.