NEW CASTLE, U.K. – Ford Motor Co. is backtracking on an earlier commitment to install digital radios in all cars sold in the U.K. by 2004. Digital radio broadcasting consortium MXR announced the inclusion of Ford U.K. as one of its founding shareholders in October 2000. At the time, Ian McAllister, Ford U.K. chairman and managing director, said the move could "provide Ford customers with greater accessibility to a wealth of entertainment and information (while) in their ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.