Ford Motor Co. is investing £70 million ($114 million) in its Bridgend engine plant in Wales, U.K., for the production of an all-new, turbocharged 1.6L 4-cyl. gasoline engine. Marking the first European application of the auto maker’s EcoBoost technology, which combines advanced turbocharging and direct-gasoline injection for improved fuel economy and reduced carbon-dioxide emissions, the commitment raises the investment in the Bridgend plant to £315 million ($514 million) over the last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.