Ford Motor Co. and the U.K.’s Transport and General Workers Union reach a 2-year labor agreement that provides a 7% increase in wages and improvements in maternity and pension payments. The deal calls for wage hikes of 4% during the first year, followed by another increase of 3%, or the rate of inflation plus 0.5%, whichever is higher, during the second year. The maternity pay portion of the contract provides for 52 weeks of paid leave, a significant increase from the current 40 weeks. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.