Ford Motor Co. will announce today that it will add a new 3.5L V-6 engine to its powertrain lineup, Ward's learns. The engine will power “a variety of Ford, Lincoln and Mercury products,” the auto maker says. It will be built at Ford’s engine assembly plant in Lima, OH, where the auto maker currently makes the Vulcan V-6 for the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable, the 3.9L V-8 that powers the Ford Thunderbird and Lincoln LS, and crankshafts for the 3.0L Duratec which is assembled at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.