DEARBORN, MI – Ford Motor Co. is using software to simulate cabin noise and advance the development of quieter interiors. “Interior quietness and the craftsmanship of the vehicle sound (are) very important to us and very important to our customers,” Mark Clapper, technical leader-vehicle powertrain noise, vibration and harshness for Ford, says during a media event here today. But sometimes minor issues, such as hissing door-drain holes, can spoil even the most precise interior sound ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.