WINDSOR, Ont., Canada – Job 1 of the all-new ’04 Ford F-Series pickup is not slated to roll off the assembly line in Norfork, VA, until June, but its engine is ready and waiting. A new 5.4L 3-valve Triton SOHC V-8 finished assembly at the Essex Engine Plant here April 29 with great flourish as the 100 millionth V-8 produced by Ford Motor Co. – an accomplishment more than 70 years in the making. It will be set aside for the first new-generation F-150. Ford invested C$770 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.