Ford Motor Co. will begin production of the golf-cart-like Th!nk Neighbor car in the fourth quarter at its Manhattan, KS, plant. The vehicle, made of aluminum extrusions that are glued into place, will be powered by six lead-acid batteries and travel at a top speed of 25 mph. It can be driven on most streets and will be priced at about $6,000 for a 2-seater and $8,000 for a four-seater. The vehicle is exempt from crash tests because the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. does not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.