DETROIT — New vehicle programs — and the people who engineer them — will go unscathed when Ford Motor Co. reveals its restructuring efforts Friday, top executives say. “You can’t cost-cut your way to prosperity,” Chairman and CEO Bill Ford Jr. says late Sunday, adding the beleaguered company that bears his family name is re-dedicating itself to producing high-quality, desirable cars and trucks to turn itself around. However, he warns, the process will be slow and painful. There will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.