Ford Motor Co. has no immediate plans to bring to the U.S. the build-to-order system it currently is testing in two Ontario, Canada, regions, reveals a top executive (see Ward's Automotive Reports — May 15, '00, p.5). “We don't have plans to bring it to the U.S.,” Brian Kelley, president of Ford's ConsumerConnect, tells the Detroit Automotive Press Assn. When Ford rolled out the online program — which currently is in use in the Ottawa and Hamilton areas, and includes the Ford Focus, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.