Ford Motor Co. says it is trying to fix engine oil leaks in some of its most popular trucks, including the F-Series pickup and Expedition SUV. The problem, first discovered last June on some of Ford’s 5.4L V-8 engines and the result of a leaky head gasket, was addressed last year by Ford. But a company spokesman now says that "not all of the fixes have worked as well as we had hoped." He emphasizes Ford will continue trying to solve the problem, which he calls minor. Some engines ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.