Ford color specialists are hard at work conjuring up the palette for the ’15 model year, and the paint-additive Xirallic will be on the menu, a chief designer says. Xirallic, which adds a metallic, glittery look to paint, is a core ingredient in five Ford colors, including Tuxedo Black and Royal Red. Other auto makers also use the ingredient in their paints. The additive caused a stir in the auto industry when supplies were interrupted following the March 11 Japanese earthquake, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.