For four years, Ford Motor Co. and ZF Friedrichshafen AG worked side by side in preparing Ford’s Batavia, OH, powertrain plant to produce a completely new type of transmission that would improve fuel economy by at least 4%. Dave Szczupak, Ford powertrain vice president. ZF purchased a majority 51% stake, while Ford retained the remaining 49% in the ZF Batavia LLC joint venture that would run the plant beginning in 1999. This week, as the plant finally begins ramping up ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!


For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Amber McLincha by email: amclincha@wardsauto.com or phone: (248) 799-2622
 

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.