Ford Motor Co.'s leaned-down Genk, Belgium, plant began production of the new Mondeo last week, marking the beginning of a new era for the big plant, which once produced as many as 435,000 vehicles annually — 25% of Ford's Europe production. The plant has been building some versions of Ford's latest-generation Transit commercial truck since February, but the real test comes with the ramp up of production of the high-volume Mondeo and the integration of a new logistics system into the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.