SEOUL — Not only did Ford Motor Co. submit the highest bid to acquire Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., the U.S. automaker also stipulated to a “gentleman's agreement” with the Daewoo creditors' committee to complete the transaction within eight weeks of the preliminary auction, held June 26. So says Hogen Oh, executive chairman of the corporate restructuring committee of Daewoo Group, who tells Ward's Automotive International in an exclusive interview that he is adamant that Ford's reported US$6.9 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.