A recent report in American Metal Market (AMM) suggests that Ford Motor Co.'s first foray into a fully aluminum-bodied passenger-car will be undertaken with the Jaguar nameplate. AMM reports that Ford is underway with two programs for aluminum-bodied Jaguars for production in 2003; one is a sedan, the other a sports car. The industry magazine cites Ford sources as saying the new Jaguars will feature aluminum closure panels in addition to fully aluminum bodies-in-white. Aluminum also can ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.