The Associated Press story was just one small fish in a sea of daily news items flowing into the office this month, but those familiar with its history were momentarily transfixed. Kim Woo-chong, former flamboyant chairman of the collapsed South Korean conglomerate, Daewoo Group, recently appeared in a Seoul courtroom to face charges on massive fraud that led to the downfall of the corporate icon. Kim, now 69, fled South Korea in 1999 without a trace, only to mysteriously return in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.