PARIS – MCE-5 Development SA of France is touting its new variable-compression-ratio internal-combustion engine as a means for auto makers to significantly downsize their powertrain lineups and improve vehicle efficiency. “The auto makers (we have contacted) have lists of criteria where we cannot have problems (with this engine). We meet them all now,” says Vianney Rabhi, manager-strategy and development for MCE-5 and inventor of the technology. A twin-turbocharged 1.5L 4-cyl. with VCR ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.