PARIS -- France finished 2001 with the best passenger-car sales since 1990 and the best results for light-utility vehicles (minivans, SUVs) ever. Sales of cars and light utilities, combined, totaled 2,688,590, up 5.5%. Sales of light utilities accounted for 433,657 units, jumping 4.6%. The year finished strong, with December sales rising by 5.6%. The year was marked by a strong demand for diesels, which accounted for 56.2% of the passenger cars in France, outselling gasoline ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.