ORLANDO, FL – Franchised dealers are selling more used vehicles than before – and for more money per transaction, reversing a trend in which pre-owned prices had softened because of heavy incentives on new cars in recent years. New-car dealers sold 3% more used vehicles – 16.4 million units – in 2005 compared with 2004, according to Manheim Auctions’ 2006 Used Car Market Report. That includes units sold from lots that are owned by dealers but separate from their franchised operations. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.