DaimlerChrysler AG marks its first Frankfurt show appearance post merger with a quick update on its financial status. Among the key numbers for 1999 through August: Total vehicle sales have hit 3.15 million units, including 2.1 million Chrysler vehicles (up 4%), 689,100 Mercedes/Smart vehicles (up 20%) and 363,000 commercial vehicles (up 17%). Revenues from vehicle sales total $68.9 billion — up 12% from like-1998. Total revenues of $101.2 billion are up 13% from year-ago, and DC now is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.