DETROIT – Land Rover’s ’02 Freelander is making the brand’s managing director look like a clairvoyant. February U.S. sales of the all-new compact 4-door SUV have contributed to totals that more than double the brand’s performance in like-2000 – just as Robert Dover predicted when he told Ward’s in November the vehicle’s North American launch was “hugely important.” Land Rover totals were nearly 2,800 units in March – the fifth consecutive monthly record for the storied British brand – ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.