REYKJAVIK, Iceland – “Rocks are your friends,” says veteran off-roader Daphne Greene. Her tone is playfully patronizing. But the Camel Trophy driver makes a serious point when she notes that Land Rover’s new-for-North-America sport/utility vehicle (SUV) isn’t built to race Baja. However, when called upon, it can make a molehill out of a mountain. Superior wheel travel – seven inches in front and eight inches in back – creates the potential for some genuine R&R. (Recreation and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.