Freightliner LLC reportedly files a lawsuit against General Motors Corp., accusing it of engaging in what the heavy-duty truck division calls "predatory and discriminatory" practices on transmission sales. In the lawsuit, Freightliner, a unit of DaimlerChrysler AG, claims GM’s Allison Transmission division is monopolizing the truck sector’s transmission market, which includes diesel-fueled buses, recreational vehicles and walk-in vans, and is squeezing out competitors. The lawsuit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.