PARIS — The success of French automakers has been passed onto supplier factories in France, whose sales were up 3.6% to E19.7 billion (US$17.8 billion) in the year’s first half. The French suppliers’ group FIEV says automotive production in France was up 6.3% in the first six months, while parts sales to OEMs were up 6.8%. Uncertainty in the world markets as a result of the Sept. 11 terrorism in the U.S. and the resulting action in Afghanistan probably mean the boom times are over, but ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.