PARIS – The French National Council for Road Safety (CNSR) wants speed limiters to be standardized in automobiles, and plans to recommend that the government require young drivers to have the feature in their cars. Cruise control and speed limiters usually are offered as options in Europe, except on high-end cars. The former keeps speed at a certain level, and the latter signals the driver when a pre-set speed is surpassed. Transport Minister Gilles de Robien says he is in favor of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.