Sources say Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. engineers may be working to fit the auto maker’s VQ-series V-6 engine into the next Frontier pickup truck and Xterra SUV. The VQ V-6 does not fit in the current-generation Frontier/Xterra, but engineers reportedly are maneuvering to replace the aged 3.3L OHV V-6 presently used in the two vehicles. Nissan now is making the VQ engines in the U.S.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.