TOKYO — A senior research official at Fuji Heavy Industries says the company could begin marketing the Elten Custom, a concept hybrid car exhibited at last fall's Tokyo Motor Show, as early as 2001. “We have made no decision yet,” says Kenzo Watanabe, a senior researcher at Fuji's technical center in western Tokyo, “but our rough timetable, all things considered, is 2001.” Mr. Watanabe claims that if and when the model is introduced the company will need to sell at least 3,000 units per ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.