Despite their label as gas-guzzlers, cash cows and environmentally unfriendly vehicles, the buying public just can’t seem to get enough of fullsize SUVs and pickups trucks. Forget the car-like cross/utility vehicles, the final step in pushing light trucks permanently into the majority of new vehicle sales three years ago; it’s still the fullsize bad boys that bring home the bacon. One-in-five light vehicles bought in the U.S. today is a fullsize SUV or pickup. Ward’s segments them as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.