SEOUL – Consumers in a few years’ time will be able to differentiate between Hyundai and Kia vehicles, even though they have common lineage, vows a top executive. “Kia will develop its own exclusive design identity,” Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. CEO Kim Dong-jin says. “Hyundai will develop a brand design identity independent of Kia. So you may see the difference in the future. New product will be quite different.” Since HMC acquired Kia Motors Corp. in 1998, the striking physical and technical ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.